The healthcare industry is one of the hottest industries for travel jobs. The demand for healthcare workers is expected to continue to grow in the coming years, making it a great industry for those looking for a stable career. Healthcare travel jobs offer a unique opportunity to see different parts of the country and work with a variety of patients. And the more experience you have, the better healthcare travel jobs and opportunities you get.
Many healthcare professionals are interested in traveling positions. It is a great option and a chance to work in various locations away from home base and gain more experience. If you are looking for work in healthcare with in-built flexibility and benefits and want to decide your terms and conditions like long or short-term contracts, healthcare travel jobs will be perfect for you.
This post will take you through the many intricacies and benefits of healthcare travel jobs.
What are healthcare travel jobs?
A travel healthcare job is broadly defined as one where you get to work in a location that is not the city or state you reside in. Typically, these positions are temporary short-term ones so that at the end of the contract period, you can either return home or move on to another assignment which might again be at a place other than the current job.
Check the job listings at TactStaff, you will find that of the hundreds on offer, almost all are temporary, ranging in contract length from 10 to 15 weeks. Once you finish a contract, you can choose another from our list again, the enhanced experience helping you to get better openings.
What are the benefits of healthcare travel jobs?
There are several common benefits associated with healthcare travel jobs.
- Increasing industry demand: The healthcare industry is growing at a very fast pace so there is a continually increasing demand for medical specialists and professionals interested in traveling to the place where the work is.
- Expanding network: As you travel and work in various locations, you will come to know more people and add them to your professional network. Some of them can help you in securing a position you want or even recommend you to a prospective employer.
- Competitive pay and allowances: Compared to a traditional hospital job, wages in healthcare travel jobs are generally higher. This is because when healthcare facilities and organizations hire for these positions, there is always an urgency to quickly fill up the vacancies. Patient care cannot wait so the pay offered is usually higher.
- Housing stipend: Since you will be required to stay at locations away from home, employers hiring for traveling positions often provide housing reimbursement so that you can find a place to live during the period of your contract.
- Enhanced experience: You get a higher level of industry experience with travel positions because you will be constantly exposed to new employers, different specialists, and various healthcare processes. Being in touch with professionals at different locations will help you to improve your job knowledge as you will be updated on the new developments in the healthcare field.
- Sense of achievement: If your goal is to strike out on your own and pick up the ropes of your profession from various work environments while traveling around the country, healthcare travel jobs will be right up your alley.
With these benefits, it’s no surprise that more healthcare professionals are more than willing to take up healthcare travel jobs.
Typical healthcare travel jobs
If you are looking for the best in healthcare travel jobs, TactStaff’s job listing page should be your first stop. You will find hundreds of job requirements all over the country ranging from registered nurses to medical lab techs, from CT Tech Radiology/Cardiology to nuclear medical tech. We also have assignments for medical specialties in various fields like cardiology, orthopedics, physical therapists, and more.
Check out the listed jobs and take your pick. Regardless of the area of your expertise in healthcare, you will not be disappointed.