Before we dive into the many intricacies of choosing the right healthcare travel agency for your health staffing needs, it’s important to first understand how agencies work.
Healthcare staffing agencies fulfill the human resource requirements of various types of healthcare facilities. They work in close coordination with hospitals, small clinics, individuals needing support, nursing homes, and more. Some of the requirements might be temporary but there are long-term vacancies as well.
On the flip side, the agencies also build up close working relationships with healthcare providers like nurses, nurses’ aides, doctors, and others. For example, we at TactStaff coordinate with the professionals, understand their strengths and goals, and solve their problems when they are looking for a different working environment.
A healthcare travel agency is in a unique position to comprehend what both sides require, looking into and resolving the needs of healthcare providers as well as healthcare professionals. Matching these two is what the agencies are experts at. On one hand, they fulfill staffing shortfalls faced by institutions and on the other ensure that care providers are the perfect fit.
The Benefits of Using a Healthcare Staffing Agency
As a healthcare provider, a healthcare staffing agency can help you find the ideal employee regardless of whether you are looking for nurses, medical lab techs, or any other talent.
Here are five benefits of filling your next vacancy through an established agency:
- Increased productivity: When you hire a new employee from the open job market, a lot of time and resources will go into training them. However, agencies make sure that the staff you hire are trained professionals – therapists, nurses, clinicians, or any other candidates – and are suited for the job even before they enter your premises. Your productivity goes up as they immediately start their work without too much training.
- Access to a large pool of professionals: A healthcare travel agency ensures that you are never understaffed and have access to a large pool of professionals. Worldwide, there is a shortage of qualified healthcare staff and that means facilities are competing with limited availability in open positions. Go through staffing agencies like TactStaff and reduce your worries about filling up open positions.
- Have the right tools and techniques: Recruitment today is not limited to online and offline job ads only as there are several platforms where candidates post their resumes and communicate with recruiters. If you have a job opening, a healthcare travel agency will use advanced tools and techniques to scan these platforms, explore all options and get the right candidate for you. This is irrespective of whether you need full-time or part-time employees, or temporary or permanent staff.
- Quick results: For open positions that have to be filled quickly with qualified personnel, you should work with a healthcare travel agency. With skills and experience in this field backing them up, you will get your choice much faster than going through traditional channels of recruitment.
These are some of the benefits of working with a healthcare staffing agency.
What to Look for in A Healthcare Staffing Agency
What are the facets that established healthcare facilities look for when needing medical professionals to fill up their vacancies? This is a critical activity as people without experience or adequate exposure sent to you by sub-par agencies can ruin your reputation (apart from affecting patient care). Before you decide on a healthcare travel agency, ensure that it is up to the mark and can provide the right personnel to you.
Here are some tips to follow.
- Flexible schedules: As a healthcare provider, you will have openings for different types of professionals and various types of jobs. For example, there might be vacancies for doctors, nurses, lab techs, and more, each having separate work schedules like part-time or full-time, and typically between 10-15 weeks of employment.
The shift lengths can vary too ranging from four, eight, and twelve hours. Now, getting the right professional after overcoming all these parameters is not easy but the best healthcare travel agency will do it for you. TactStaff has many professionals aspiring for a healthcare travel job and we can fulfill your expectations.
- Wages and benefits: Look for an agency that can provide personnel with the pay and benefits structure that you offer. While these vary between healthcare facilities, the agency you select should be able to get the professionals within your range. Your HR team has to discuss this closely with the team of the healthcare travel agency decided by you.
- Wide range of work environments: Top agencies will offer the right candidates regardless of the environments that you have vacancies for. If your need is for specialized critical care nurses or senior surgeons, or some other specialized area, the agency will rise to the occasion.
- Optimized hiring and orientation process: Find out if the healthcare travel agency is supportive and helps you from the beginning to find the right candidates as asked by you. Many agencies take part in the ongoing skills development of professionals selected through them so that they can provide the best treatments in the facilities.
- Accreditation: Always look for a healthcare travel agency that is accredited and certified. It is a great way to judge an agency’s quality and standing and the ability to work with health service organizations to ensure safety and high standards. It is also proof that the policies and procedures of the agency regarding the patient care facilities are well defined. With accredited agencies like TactStaff, there will be no surprises after you select one.
Questions To Ask Before Choosing A Healthcare Staffing Agency
Here are some questions to ask before choosing a healthcare staffing agency:
- Does the agency have a core specialization in this field?
Every recruitment agency specializes in a particular industry. Select one that has core expertise in the healthcare field. An agency for the IT domain will not be good for you.
- How is the hiring process?
Understand the hiring strategy of the agency. Areas should include how the agency sources talent, if they do background checks, whether candidates are personally interviewed and vetted, and what process they have to ensure that the candidates match your values and needs.
- What is the quality of service?
Does the healthcare travel agency go the extra mile to provide excellent service and keep in touch with your HR team? At TactStaff our managers regularly touch base with clients to evaluate the performance of the employees.
- Is the service provider reliable and experienced?
Check whether the agency has the required proficiency and years of experience. Verify the scale of business, the strength of the HR operations, and geographical spread. Go through the testimonials of candidates and health service providers to get a clear picture.
At TactStaff our goal is to be ethical with both employer and employee relations in the healthcare industry. We constantly update ourselves with the latest developments and strive to improve the implementation of staffing patterns in this sector. Partner with us if you are a healthcare agency, or looking for a nurse, doctor, pharmacist, medical lab tech, or similar job openings.