X-Ray Technologist , Radiologic Technologist- Local OR Travel
Manhattan, NY| Weekly Pay | Start Date: 9/18/23 | M-F 8am-4pm | 13 weeks
* This is a contract role with potential for extension or permanent hire! *
Contact: Gina@tactstaff.com | Text: (917) 718-4688
Benefits: TACT Staff offers Day 1 Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Travel Reimbursement (for travel assignments), Sick Pay & much more!
X-Ray Technologist, Radiologic Technologist
TACT Staff is seeking a skilled and experienced X-Ray Technologist to join the team of one of the most prominent hospitals in New York. The X-Ray Technologist operates or oversees the operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes. The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
•Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
• Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
• Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors. Adheres to established infection control policies and procedures.
• Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; processing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
• Documents patient care services by charting patient and department records (including the completion and verification of exams.
• Other duties as assigned by Head of Radiology.
Apply today to learn more about what TACT can offer you as an X-Ray Technologist!