Position: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Location: New Jersey
Schedule: 3x12's with rotating weekends ( AM and PM shifts available!)
*13 week contract role with possibility of extension*
Pay: $70-75 per hour. (ask about our travel package if you reside >50mi from facility!)
Interested? Please text Gina @917-781-4688
Health insurance on day 1 available
1st Time travelers welcome!
The Registered Respiratory Therapist is an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team. The Respiratory Therapist will utilize his/her knowledge, judgment and skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate respiratory care for patients under his/her care. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to coordinate the highest quality respiratory care for the patients with an emphasis on compassion.
- Assess patient and recommend respiratory therapy treatments as well as provide treatment based on Physician diagnosis and care instructions.
- Plan, prepare, and administer respiratory therapy treatment including aerosolized medication, sputum inductions, ventilator / BiPAP management in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitor patients on mechanical ventilation and make necessary changes in accordance with department policy and procedure.
- Record patient treatment, response, and progress in the EMR.
- Perform related diagnostic tests including pulmonary function and sleep studies.
- Inspect, test, maintain, and operate all respiratory therapy equipment.
- Respond to "CODE 99", “Trauma” and “RRT” calls and assist by maintaining the patient's airway and performing CPR.
- Consults with physicians and provide information and suggestions for various treatment modalities. Assist physician in the instruction of patients and their families on the use of equipment and techniques involved in self-care.
- Participate in in-service education programs. Attend all required in-service education programs.
- Maintains stores of disposable and non-disposable equipment, including medical gas tanks in assigned areas throughout the hospital, as needed.
- Cleans, assembles, and maintains all equipment used by department, as needed.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS :
- BCLS, ACLS, PALS certifications.
- NJS license as a Respiratory Therapist.
- NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist certificate.
*E-mail updated resume to Gina(at)tactstaff.com for immediate consideration!*