Pathology Assistant Needed In Manhattan, NY
Pay Rate: $60-65 hourly
Phone/Text: Jonathan - (914) 266-1040
- Examines, describes, dissects and sections selected biopsy and surgical resection specimens under the direction of staff pathologist.
- Determines area of the gross specimens to be samples for microscopic analysis and cuts area into appropriate sized sections for further processing.
- Analyzes certain gross specimens and biopsy specimens: identifies, measures, weighs and describes specimens according to established guidelines.
- Collaborates with pathology staff to identify areas likely to be involved by neoplastic/inflammatory conditions in surgical specimens.
- Checks equipment for proper operation and calibrates if necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Master's Degree in Science.
- Understand safety rules and regulations, management techniques, laws and the legal interpretations, which influence the practice of within the Laboratory and Pathology Department.
- Knowledge of anatomy, pathology, medical terminology and physiology sufficient to identify, dissect, and describe certain surgical specimens.
- Knowledge of dissection, sectioning techniques and appropriate procedure of handling tissue.
- State License
- Undergraduate degree and completion of accredited Master’s Program in Pathology Assistant or equivalent. NYS Pathology Assistant License required. 1-year surgical grossing and autopsy experience American Society for Clinical Pathology Certification (ASCP) as a Pathologist’s Assistant required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60.00 - $65.00 per hour