We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist at a major hospital in NYC.
Position: Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Shift: Monday – Friday, Alternate weekends
Pay rate: DOE
This is a full-time contract job opportunity with possibility of extension.
Health Insurance on Day-1 available!
Contact: Jon(@)tactstaff.com | Text: (914) 266-1040
Job Overview: In this role, the successful candidate performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Performs laboratory tests and procedures.
- Follows approved policies and procedures in performing specific methodologies and instrument operations and follow approved policies for proper recording and reporting of results.
- Performs and documents procedures required to ensure the quality of testing being performed. Responsibility includes quality control, instrument preventative maintenance, function checks and calibration.
- Follow approved guidelines when troubleshooting and carry out appropriate course of action when control values and/or instrument functions checks are invalid or inconsistent.
- Review patient results prior to release to the electronic medical record. Correlate final results with known facts concerning patient history/previous values and recognize the validity of results and identify/reject those results that are illogical.
- Communicate critical values and barriers to testing to medical staff according to protocol. Document according to laboratory policy.
- Complete assigned proficiency and competency assessments
- Maintain sufficient testing supplies in work area, including ordering if directed by lead.
- Consistently generate and review pending logs
- Enters Patient Safety Intelligence (PSI) as required.
- Participates in the training of new medical technologists/residents at the direction of seniors and lead technologists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- NYSDOH Licensed as a Certified Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology from a program registered by the NYS Department of Education or Bachelor's Degree in the major of biology, chemistry or physical sciences .
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
Required Licenses: Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS