Before going into how to get the most out of your career with a job in a travel nurse agency with best benefits, let’s have a quick look at what are healthcare travel jobs.
Broadly, a travel healthcare job is one where you work at a location that is not in your home city or state. These jobs are not permanent, and each is a one-time assignment that you complete and move on to another in a different location or return. If you check the job listings of a travel nurse agency with best benefits like TactStaff, you will find that each contract lasts around 10 to 15 weeks.
Once you finish an assignment, you can reach back to us for another. The experience and job knowledge already garnered will help you to get a more lucrative position.
The Benefits of Working with a Top Travel Nurse Agency
You get great pay and endless opportunities when you choose to work with a top travel nurse agency like TactStaff. Regardless of whether you want to go on an adventure or are in travel nursing for the income, top agencies will help fulfill your dream job and career aspirations.
Here are some of the benefits of working with a top travel nurse agency.
- Option to choose working schedules: Being attached to a leading travel nurse agency gives you unbeatable freedom and flexibility to make your choices. You can decide where and when you work and take time off between assignments. Or you can pursue a hobby or interest between two contracts.
- Increase professional expertise: Top travel nurse agencies like TactStaff have tie-ups with various facilities around the country, ranging from rural hospitals to the best medical research and teaching facilities. This will give you the chance to improve your skill sets and study the latest nursing techniques. You will meet fresh challenges, learn from them and improve your professional expertise in this field.
- Job security: Studies show that there is always a shortage of nursing jobs in the country and this leaves you in an enviable position where your skills are perpetually in high demand. Hence, a travel nurse agency with best benefits provides job security as you can always get a well-paying assignment once the current one ends.
- More money in the bank: The best travel nurse agencies offer generous hourly pay rates, overtime, shift differentials, and even joining and completing assignment bonuses. You are also likely to get free furnished housing, travel stipends, and health insurance from day one of your contract.
Join a travel nurse agency with best benefits and get very lucrative remuneration.
What to Look for When Choosing a Travel Nurse Agency
As a registered nurse, you will get many opportunities to work for a travel nurse agency. So, how do you go about choosing the best one?
- Flexible schedules: You should get to choose your work schedule such as part-time or full-time as well as the timings that are convenient for you. At TactStaff, we have a range of clients with various job timings and this should greatly suit you.
- Wages and add-ons: The rates of pay are different between agencies and locations but a travel nurse agency with best benefits will offer you very lucrative remuneration. Find out whether the travel nurse agency you select offers the most competitive wages and benefits prevailing in that location.
- Work environments: Make sure that your agency provides a lot of work options so that you can select one that you are most comfortable with. The job you get should match your specialization.
- Support and orientation: A top agency will be supportive right till the time you settle into your new job. It will hand-hold recruits through the process of hiring and training and skill development too.
Keep these factors in mind when choosing a nurse travel agency.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Career with The Best Travel Nurse Agency
The general run-of-the-mill travel nursing agencies will not help optimize your career. To make the most out of your career here is how you can do so.
- Check for core specialization: The best travel nurse agency will provide assignments that match your core specialization. You can therefore sharpen your skillsets through hands-on experience in the field.
- Check the hiring process: A travel nurse agency with best benefits have systems in place to get the best talent. You can better your career only through an agency that has a sound hiring process that includes personally interviewing the candidates, checking the background, and ensuring the right placements.
- Check the quality of service: You can be sure that your career will take a turn for the better if you are with an agency that goes the extra mile to offer excellent service and keeps in contact with you. At TactStaff, our managers regularly touch base with recruits to evaluate their progress.
The key to getting the most out of your career is to ensure that the agency is reliable, experienced, and accredited.
What to Expect from Your Healthcare Travel Agency
Making the right decision while choosing a healthcare travel agency can be nerve-wracking. However, here are some parameters that you can bank on.
- Pay: The job of a travel nurse is highly demanding and you should be compensated accordingly. There is a good demand for medical staff and hence, compare the potential salaries offered by agencies. If you are specialized in a field, it will bring higher wages.
- Expenses: Some agencies offer a host of benefits that include home allowance, transportation fees, and paid leave in their job package. Expect the agency to specify these benefits in the job contract.
- Health insurance: A top travel nurse agency with best benefits will include health insurance such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k.
- Support: Think of your travel healthcare agency as not only your source of income but also of information and help. A reputed agency will even assist you to obtain state licenses and guide you through the application process.
When you evaluate a healthcare travel agency, your focus should be primarily on its willingness to meet all your needs.
How to Work with a Healthcare Travel Agency for The Best Results
There are several strategies to follow to get the best results by working with a healthcare travel agency.
- Location: Some locations where there is a shortage of highly trained personnel pay more than others. Look for areas that have a low cost of living.
- Shifts: Forget Monday to Friday day work. Rather choose weekends, holidays, and night shifts with the same workload but higher pay.
- Increase net pay through travel stipends: This typically includes per diem stipends for meals and lodgings that are tax-free up to an amount set by the General Services Administration. At TactStaff we offer the maximum permissible tax-free stipend for your location.
Strike the right balance between all these aspects to optimize your working with a healthcare travel agency.
Choosing the right travel nurse agency with best benefits is critical for your professional career as a healthcare travel nurse. At TactStaff, our goal is to help you on this journey by ensuring that you get the best that the industry has to offer.